Please find hereunder the list of the usually required documents.
We invite you to ask the Residents’ registration office in the commune where you live if other documents are required : Lists and addresses of the Residents’ registration offices in Vaud (many addresses are available, take the “contrôle des habitants” one)
Students living in Lausanne: you have the possibility to pre-register for the residence permit by using this online form.
Usually required documents
- For UE or AELE nationals:
– Upload the form “Annonce d’arrivée” available on point 7 of this page.
- For non-UE or non-AELE nationals:
– Upload the form “Rapport d’arrivée” available on point 7 of this page.
– Upload the form “Application form for a temporary residence permit for non-EC/EFTA nationals for study purposes in the Canton of Vaud” available on point 4 of this page.
- Birth or origine certificate
- Marriage or divorce certificate
- EPFL enrolment certificate. Enrolment certificates certificates can be printed out directly from your secured access of IS-Academia
- 3 passport photos
- Rental contract where you are living in Switzerland or landlord attestation if you do not have a rental contrat (attestation templates are sometimes given on commune’s websites)
- For european students: A document proving that you have sufficient funding (2000.- CHF/month) for your stay in Switzerland.You will find how to prove it on this page
- Scholarship holders must provide an attestation of scholarship (document «Declaration of obligations» for students from the Swiss-European Mobility Programme). You will have the option to ask for a tax exemption if you benefit from a scholarship.
- Cash money for foreigner students in order to pay your residence permit (the amount is depending on the commune and your arrival country, we advise you to take ~200.- CHF).